2008/03/23

#13 American 50th birthday party

Party culture in America is so interesting for me. In my country, we also usually have parties; for example, when we have the celebration of a baby’s first birthday, New Year’s Day, Korean Thanksgiving Day, or 60th birthday, but these are not like American style. I think if my country peoples here the word party, they usually imagine very huge events. However, I think American regard as just normal and casual things because they do often. I can see often they have parties in the parks on weekend. Therefore, when I heard my home stay mother would have a party in her best friend’s house yesterday, I thought maybe it’s just casual. I brought music CD for her, and I wrote a letter written I appreciate you. Then, I arrived at her best friend’s house, and then I opened the door. After that I was surprised because there were so many beautiful decorations. There were 50 chairs, desks, plates with flowers, and foods. I had impressed for an hour, and then I could eat foods. One thing I remember is when I played soccer with kids, someone called me, so I went there crowed people. Carol, my home stay mother, was reading my card I wrote yesterday. I was kind of embarrassed, but my feeling was so good because when Carol was reading a sentence, people said “oh~”, or “wow”. I think Carol got impressed because nobody gave her cards like my card. My card was not a simple, it was so long paragraph. I satisfied of my card and my idea. ^^ It was good day.

No comments: